We live in a world full of threats and risks. Thieves steal packages right off of front porches, burglars break-in night and day, and every new homebuyer worries “is this a good neighborhood?” Luckily, home security systems are also widely available, with various companies offering installation services, or Do-It-Yourself kits. Many people feel safer and confident opting for the “DIY” option, however, while it may initially seem like a good choice, it isn’t necessarily the best route, especially if you have no previous experience with security installation.
When you purchase a self-installation home security system kit, you expect the instructions to tell you everything you need to know, however, there are some inconvenient truths to consider:
- Kits are just that: kits. They come with pre-packaged devices that aren’t tailor-made to your home. You may need more, or less, devices than what’s provided, and even if you can customize your package, an expert hasn’t checked your home for what you really do, or do not, need.
- Home security technology is complicated. If you aren’t experienced or technologically savvy, there is a high risk that you’ll waste your time and money trying to install a kit that isn’t ideal for your needs. Without proper set-up, there is the potential for the alarms, sensors, and noise detectors to be incorrectly connected, leading to flaws in your security and safety.
- You are on your own. An experienced professional won’t be available to provide maintenance or monitoring services to address any problems that will likely arise.
- Future upgrades and scaling are limited. Most DIY home security systems only feature the single-home alarm. However, a professional technician can optimize your system for potential future add-ons, allowing for additional components to be added later on with no major issues or interruptions.
- Doubts can rid you of peace of mind. What if your DIY system doesn’t work properly? You may not even find out there’s a problem until a break-in actually occurs.
These days, safety should be every homeowners’ top priority. Increased criminal activity and digital advancements make the risks of security system self-installation simply not worth it. Let the trained experts at Aaron’s Home Tech professionally install your system and you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your home will be protected efficiently and safely. Call us today for all your home security system needs in Greensboro, GA!